Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dream log turned blog

It’s about 6am, probably the earliest I’ve woken up on a weekend here and certainly the earliest I’ve ever started a blog!

I just remembered my dream. Well, actually, all I remember is the end, but that’s really all that matters right now. It has to mean something, something big and wonderful, but I don’t know what! At least not yet.

(wow, I really am sharing too much information, but I think I’ve stopped caring!)

For as long as I can remember, I’ve had, and pretty regularly I might add, these dreams where I have a plane to catch. Usually, I’m going on a significant trip, where I’m moving to Germany for a few months, or something major like that. Sometimes, in the dream, I’ve forgotten all about the flight until just a couple hours prior. Other times, I’ve known about the flight all day, but somehow forgot to pack until the last minute. Either way, the dream always involves a lot of stress. Sometimes I try calling the airline to see if there’s a later flight I can catch, but I never actually get through. (You know that helpless dream feeling I’m talking about?) Well, it always gets to be too much. Too stressful, too impossible, too overwhelming…and so I wake up. Then I thank god, in typical bad dream fashion, that it wasn’t real, and acknowledge myself as a responsible organized person who would never let that happen to her :)

Well, something unusual and magical happened in this dream. For the first time ever, I made my flight!!! It was the most amazing feeling. Not only did I make the flight, but I even had time to pop outside to wave goodbye to my mom and dad and let them know I made it. It was a beautiful beautiful ending.

What it all means, I haven’t a clue. I am so interested to know, even to hear some ideas (any dream decipherers out there?). I just know it has to mean something really really good. It just has to. That’s where my investigative skills have gotten me so far :) It’s still early.

No comments: